CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Commission

1 a : a formal written warrant granting the power to perform various acts or duties2 : an authorization or command to act in a prescribed manner or to perform prescribed acts : CHARGE 3 a : authority to act for, in behalf of, or in place of another b : a task or matter entrusted to one as an agent for another 4 a : a group of persons directed to perform some duty.


The bible says to Go ye therefore unto all the world....We may not be able to go unto all the world but we can sure do city we live in. Our church, Hope Center has a great envangelism team, we really do...some may already know but most don't even know it yet! We have a great bus ministry! They go out every Wednesday night...Yes, Wednesday night!! And, they go out every Sunday morning. Out of our total kids attendance, we have at least 60% that come on the bus or vans....60% Wow! Imagine if we didn't have those ministries..? We would still have our regular church kids and oh how great they are and we love them so but, we wouldn't be reaching out as the bible has commanded us to.

I love outreach. I love connecting to children. I love to see kids get the Holy Ghost and see the sheer joy on their faces. We often have so much on our plates that we tend to get everything else done and all of a sudden the Saturday has passed us by and....we didn't go out on outreach! I have made a pledge to myself that I will go out at least one Saturday a month (I know that's not much) but, I do believe that the Lord honors it and if everyone would go once a month all on the same Saturday for a couple of hours what a great impact that would be. I do encourage all my teachers and helpers to commit yourselves and see what God will do!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with you. my Sis. Reaching out is God's heart!! He sees the children and adults sitting in their homes just waiting for someone to come and give them a nudge to go to church. He wants us to GO! I wish I was able to go much more often, however, family demands constrain me. When I can I will be there! May the Lord bless immensely all those involved in outreach!!